Wednesday, January 3, 2007

New Beginnings

Traditionally, January 1st is a time to start anew, begin fresh, make new promises, dream big dreams. I believe this can be done at anytime of the year and my creative spark happens at the oddest times. BUT, this year is actually starting out with a bang for me and I am having a flood of new ideas and the desire to implement them. Like this blog thingy I've heard about for quite some time! I think it has something to do with the blizzard of 2006 in Denver that we're still digging out of. What else is there to do when you can't get out of your house ... but create!

I challenge you, when will you begin those life stories you've been meaning to write for your children? When will you get the photographs organized? Are you too busy living your life to record your life? Maybe.

I have a question for you? If you don't take some time to record your life along the way, will you remember it accurately when you get around to creating the legacy to leave for your family? Don't have regrets later. Do it now.

Take the first step. Make a new beginning. Leave the critic at the door. Tears are not to be feared but felt. Spend 10 minutes every day--writing. Even if it's only a list of what you accomplished that day. You can expand from there. In the next 10 minute segment. You really do have the time ... it's all about priorities. It's all about finding what's important in the moment.

Are you ready to be the chief creative in your life? Are you ready to take the first step? Put your socks and shoes on and start walking the path--the writing path.

I look forward to hearing from you along the way--your progress, your challenges, your accomplishments, your great moments! Find joy in this coming year. I have a feeling, that niggling that bubbles up inside, that this is going to be a very good year--not just for me, but for many. Join me and smile!

Now, if they can build a snowman in Tempe, AZ, where I moved to Denver from 9 years ago, you can make your dreams come true!